13 June 2008

Princeton

I've spent the day walking around Princeton and ducking into cafés looking for shade and something cold, like Earl Gray gelato.

My sister's busy writing, so I took the liberty of photographing her pretty things, like party dresses...
pearl collection...
pin collection...
Miu Miu and Ferragamo...
Ugg, Dolce & Gabbana, Anna Sui...
Then I spent an hour meandering around Princeton's cemetery, also known as "The Westminster Abbey of America." I saw the graves of Glover Cleveland, Aaron Burr, Jonathan Edwards and John O'Hara, along with a few signers of the Declaration of Independence.

I learned some American history today. Apparently, during the Revolutionary War, Princeton was briefly the capital of the United States, and this building, Nassau Hall, was the official government building where the Continental Congress met. During the Battle of Princeton in 1777, it received canonfire from the Continental army as it attempted to reclaim the building from the Redcoats.
It's getting too hot to sit outside and blog, so I'll have to find some more gelato. The next time I post I will probably be in Mexico.

Hasta luego...

7 comments:

la femme said...

Good photos... I desperately want those studded boots.

Please have some tequila for me in Mexico!

About Me said...

I WANT THEM TOO!

Winnie said...

Wow. She stores all her things so beautifully!

About Me said...

I should've taken more pictures... this doesn't even begin to do her collections justice.

..... said...

omg i love all her shoes !! so fab

Danny Daily said...

i love the adorable vest with pins. i'm completely inspired to do it since i have about a million buttons lying about in a basket. great post :-) and your sandals are super cute.


some say hi sometimes.

love,

danny

http://dannydaily.typepad.com/

About Me said...

Hi Danny!

Shortly after I took this picture, my sister added a fantastic circa-1920s leopard pin to her collection. It has faux-emerald eyes and is completely dazzling.