21 January 2008

Quick Debriefing, Bill Blass

Hello everyone - I've been on hiatus (again) because what with the holidays, moving, obsessing over politics and overloading on classes, I haven't had much time to blog.

Besides, the weather here in the Pacific Northwest is frigid and icy, so my sartorial leanings are all towards warmth and comfort rather than attractiveness.

Today I took a walk to the local charity shop where everything was half off. I found a pair of Bill Blass, new with tags, extremely high-waisted jeans - I mean, two inches above the bellybutton high-waisted. I mean Farrah Fawcett in her heyday high-waisted. These jeans must be from 1976, and I have no idea why they've never been worn. They're spectacular, and I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Hope everyone's enjoying 2008.

xoxo,
Ailsa

5 comments:

alana said...

hi there... i just wanted to say, i absolutely love your blog to bits! i love reading it; your style is amazing! i hope you don't mind if i link you?

Toosdai said...

whoa whoa, which charity shop?

About Me said...

It's just an American Cancer Society shop! It's run by little old ladies and mostly stocks really awful polyester stuff, but once in a great while I find amazing stuff - lots of big gold jewelry, vintage Ferragamos... and now, vintage Bill Blass!

Unknown said...

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

Fashion Networks said...

I am a regular follower of your blog, and lok forward to more of your articles when you are back from your brief hiatus

Regards

Kartik
Fashion Evangelist
www.fashion-networks.com
We Blog at http://fashionnetworking.blogspot.com