19 December 2007

Clan Destined


With all the plaid around, I decided to look into my own connection to tartans. Like many people, I have a pan-European heritage, including Scotch, English, Dutch, Czech and French. My Scottish ancestors were from the Kennedy clan. I am named after the Scottish island Ailsa Craig and my name in Gaelic is Aillse. As a child, I did Highland dancing (and thought I was alone till I found out my friend, La Femme, Highland danced as well!).

The Kennedy seal - "Consider The End" (how ominous):
And the Kennedy tartan:Does anyone else have any clan pride that they're willing to wear on their sleeve?

Style, Elle

2 comments:

Robin Jewsbury said...

You can see this blog on your mobile. Look at http://mippin.com/app/faces/jsp/getMippin.xhtml?id=5199 to see what it will look like and then go to your phone and type...

http://mippin.com/mippin5199

It's totally free. Hope you like it. Tell your friends if you do.


Robin

la femme said...

I recently pulled my Highland gear out to try on again. The kilt really is fabulous, but the puff sleeved blouse and tartan socks are less forgiving.