23 May 2007

Chanel Resort '08

I was excited to see this photo because it summarizes what I've been wearing in the last week: red lips (!), headgear (scarves, headbands), high-waisted "mom" jeans and platform heels. Except, you know, not Chanel.

I can't wait for these colorful, more carefree looks to start spreading. I'm ready for a break from the bleak/black emo abominations that are everywhere.

I recently found a picture of my mother, taken in the late 1970s, dressed similarly to Raquel Zimmermann, although Mom looked more earthy and less jet-setting. It made me all nostalgic for an era in which I never lived. So I'm going to recreate the era in my wardrobe this summer. And at Karl Lagerfeld's bidding, I'm hoping many other people will, too.
(pic from style.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pls. post picture of your mom in the 70's. It's always fun to see what you're talking about. ;) Jess

About Me said...

I'll try to put some up!