10 August 2006

I Am An Ugly Stepsister


In light of everything going on in the world I suppose I should not call my day tragic. But, my day did have its disappointments.

I was at my local thriftshop tootling around, looking for something to throw my $10 at. Suddenly, magpie that I am, I saw something gold out of the corner of my eye. Lo and behold... a pair of $7 Ferragamo navy blue flats with a little sparkling gold ribbon on them. They were sitting right in my section: the "Size 10" section (yes... I have big feet).

I giddily grabbed them, amazed at my luck, and like an ugly stepsister I tried to cram them onto my feet. I pushed and shoved and heaved and hoed, but alas... some dimwit had misplaced them. They couldn't have been bigger than an 8.

With great strength of character and a heavy heart, I picked the shoes up and returned them to the shelf. My cheeks burning with shame and anger, my appetite for shopping vanished, I returned home emptyhanded.

So for any of you out there who are suffering a similar loss, I urge you to write me and commiserate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wear an 8...